Saturday, August 04, 2012

Weekend Book Club: A Night of Southern Comfort

There has been so much buzz surrounding Entangled Publishing's Indulgence series category romances that I've been dying to read them.
But I've been too busy with deadlines and launching my own EP Indulgence to have time.

This week I finally cranked up my kindle and read one of the many books waiting for me, A NIGHT OF SOUTHERN COMFORT...and WOW!
The calibre of this book is amazing...I can't wait to gobble up the other Indulgence novels!

Here's the blurb:

One night of passion... 

Detective Jackson Cantrell never imagined that one night with an irresistible stranger would turn his life upside down. He’s spent years living in the shadows, but Dr. Michaela Roarke awakened a passion inside him he'd buried years ago. 

He never expected the woman would turn out to be the governor's daughter...and his next assignment. The governor blackmails Jackson to secretly watch over Michaela and protect her from a stalker, or kiss his dream job at the FBI good-bye. Swearing to keep things strictly professional, Jackson moves in with Michaela. Too bad his heart can't keep the same promise. 

But when the stalker's attacks quickly escalate beyond mere photographs to bodily harm, Jackson must race to save Michaela's life. And he’ll have to figure out how to keep her once she discovers his lie.



I never gush about a book unless I really, really love it.

And boy, did I love this book!

I'm staggered that it's Robin Covington's debut novel...talking about setting the bar high!

In Kayla and Jack she has created two wonderful characters, well-matched in their independence and hidden vulnerabilities.

And the sexual tension between them? Sizzles off every page.

With wickedly hot sex and sparkling dialogue, this book was a winner.
I hated putting it down and can't wait for the follow ups with Teague, Lucky and Beck's stories.

More please!



What are you reading this weekend?

2 comments:

Robin Covington said...

Thank you Nicola! I am so psyched that you liked it so much!

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

I loved it, Robin!

Great book!